Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Thing 13 Online Applications and Tools


I love the cloud. We have a cloud through my school district. This cloud allows me to see everything if it is saved to my personal U drive. It has saved me from going to school at night or on the weekend more than once. I love that I am able to access my documents quickly and effectively.

A helpful tip when using the cloud on computers other than your own:
Always save a copy to the desktop and resave it in the cloud. I have been working on something at home but for get to upload it back to the cloud. If you do not do this then you will not be able to see the most current edition of your work.

When I started grad school, I was always with a flashdrive. Through my academic career I have been able to stop carrying it around. I have most of my personal documents for school saved on my Google Drive. This really helps as all classes rely on technology applications to complete assignments. I am usually on more than one computer a day. Google drive allows me to have easy access to my school work no matter where I am.

Image from: http://www.dvice.com/archives/2012/04/googles_drive_c.php

No comments:

Post a Comment