Friday, July 5, 2013

Thing 23 Congratulations!

I finally finished!


It was a long, bumpy road; but now I have a clear understanding of this process. I have a better understanding of web 2.0 tools to use in the classroom and how they can improve student's achievement.

My favorite discovery from this project was learning that technology does not have to be scary. I believe that I am tech savvy, but I had shied away from using it in the classroom because its not always predictable. It requires that the technology be previewed and the teacher needs to be knowledgeable. I have learned that it can seamlessly be brought into the classroom to impact student achievement.

This program has helped me understand how important life-long learning is to an educator. Technology and teaching practices change quickly. To educate our students to the best of our abilities, teachers must constantly be learning and growing themselves. This has been a bi take-away for me. I recently graduated from college 5 years ago. I was introduced to Web 2.0 tools and their importance in the classroom. However, everything that was introduced in this class was new to me. This showed me how fast technology tools are being created and updated.

To sum it up, my bookmarks folder is now a little fatter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment